Home burglary is one of the easiest crimes to commit which is one reason why it is so common with one out of every six homes being targeted on an annual basis. An astonishing close to 60% of all burglaries are committed through unlocked doors or windows. Here are some other common sense burglary prevention tips.
- Make sure all your entrances to your home are well lit including your driveway yard and then areas around your home.
- Trim lower-level trees and shrubs to eliminate hiding places.
- If you have a garage, make sure you use it for your car and keep your garage door closed.
- Burglars will only spend a minimal amount of time trying to get inside your home. So it makes sense to make it as difficult as possible. Start by locking all your doors and windows.
- Install alarms on all your doors and windows. That way if a burglar does try to break in, you will be scared away by the sound sometimes as loud as 130 dB.
- Consider getting some Fake Security Cameras they are a fraction of the cost of the real thing and work to deter a burglary.
http://www.selfdefenseproductsinc.com is your source for self-defense weapons and other self-defense items as well as surveillance cameras and systems for home or business security.