When you think about home security several things work better than others. These practices are endorsed by insurance companies and police departments the country over. Why? Because they work! When it comes to protecting your home from burglary and home invasion. Why not go with the winners?
Here is a list of the most effective ideas. Some of these may appear to be obvious choices-they are.
1. Look at your home from the outside. Are there hiding places like trees and shrubs? Are there any obvious faults like open garage doors or open doors and windows? Does it look like an easy target? The bad guys are looking for an easy mark. Make them pick someone else. Put as many obstacles in his way as possible.
2. Advertising. That’s what I call it when you have things like fake cameras. Then there are the real signs like “Vicious Guard Dog on Duty” or Neighborhood Watch signs that tell potential burglars to stay away.
3. Do the obvious. Lock all doors and windows even when you are at home. If you have an alarm like this one make sure it is armed. If you have a peephole, use it. Most people reflexively answer the door without looking first. Not a good idea!
4. Nonlethal self-defense weapons. In the event of a home invasion having some pepper sprays, stun guns or even a Taser located in different parts of the house can make a huge difference in the outcome of a home invasion.
5. Practice for a home invasion. I know this sounds crazy. But as a family unit get a plan-in the event of a home invasion you will be prepared because you practiced.
If you follow these winning ideas you will be in a much stronger position to secure your home against a home burglary or home invasion.
http://www.selfdefenseproductsinc.com has provided effective personal protection premium self-defense weapons such as pepper spray, stun guns, tasers, pepper mace, personal alarms and other self-defense items as well as surveillance cameras and systems for home or business security.