Crime happens everywhere: on the streets, at home and at work. So these tips are general in nature and are meant to help you raise your awareness.
- Be alert and be aware of your surroundings at all times. The bad guys use distractions to their advantage.
- When you walk, walk with a sense of confidence with your head held high.
- Vary your routines and your routes. Predictability makes you a more likely target.
- 60% of all home burglaries happen through unlocked doors and windows. So start locking your doors and windows at home and in your car.
- You can avoid car theft by locking your doors and use an ant-theft device if you have one. Remove temptation but putting packages in the trunk and park in a well-lit place.
- Be informed of what’s going on in your neighborhood. One of the best ways to do that is get involved with a neighborhood watch program.
- Carry some self-defense products such as a Bling Sting Pepper Spray with you at all times even in your car.
Follow these tips and you may avoid becoming a statistic.
http://www.selfdefenseproductsinc.com has a full-line of premium self-defense weapons such as pepper spray, stun guns, tasers, pepper mace, personal alarms and other self-defense items as well as surveillance cameras and systems for home or business security.