Here’s a story about crime in Beloit where the police chief reports that Burglary Numbers Are Steady compared to 2013. The police chief also noted that most burglars historically are between the ages of 15 and 20 who steal until they get caught. The main motivation behind this is to get money for drugs.
The police chief, Capt. Dan Risse, said residents should ensure their belongings are secure and suggested taking photos and writing down serial numbers for property.
He offered some other tips on home security and burglary prevention.
“• Be sure to lock all your doors when you are away from home, even for a short period of time. This should include the garage doors and windows.
• Don’t place presents and valuable items in front of a window where burglars can see them easily.
• Consider a home security system, such as burglar alarms or security cameras.
• If you are going to be away from home for a few days or weeks, let your neighbors know and let the police know.
• Be a good neighbor and watch out for the people who live around you. Report any suspicious activities to the police. Take down license plate numbers of cars or trucks that look suspicious.
• If you encounter suspicious door-to-door solicitors, report them to the police. They may be checking out your home for a burglary later.
• Consider forming a Neighborhood Watch organization in your neighborhood.”
This motion activated alarm called the electronic watchdog makes the sound of an angry barking dog when the protected area of up to 15 feet is violated and is a great burglar alarm.
http://www.selfdefenseproductsinc.com has a full-line of premium self-defense weapons such as pepper spray, stun guns, tasers, pepper mace, personal alarms and other self-defense items as well as surveillance cameras and systems for home or business security.